Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Heavenly Blue Morning Glory

Posted by Picasa
Every gardening year I learn things. This year I learned not to be afraid of morning glories. (Wait!! Maybe I better see what next year brings in the way of seedlings.). I had 3 kinds of morning glories this year, Moon vines, which I already  wrote about (they are still blooming and flowers seem to be getting larger), Picotee morning glories, purple flower with a thin white line on the edge of the funnel, and this wonderful Heavenly Blue morning glory. I had forgotten I planted it until it bloomed. It was twisted among the moon vines and had not bloomed til a few days ago. I see there are other flowers to come and I am anxiously waiting. Once, years ago, my sister-in-law planted some Heavenly Blues near a guy  wire for a electric pole and they climbed all the way to the top of the pole. It was a good choice and I made a good choice too, in planting mine to climb on the porch railing where I could see and enjoy them at close range.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips
Blogging tips