Friday, September 11, 2009

Clerodendron ugandanese

 
Posted by Picasa


This in my glory bower (there are quite a few different kinds, but as far as I know this is the only blue one).It is Clerodendron ugandanese, and is fairly uncommon in the trade. I have forgotten where I originally got my plant, but I have kept it going for years from cuttings. One year I was so sure it would come back that i left a pot outside over winter. I was wrong. It might over winter in zone 9, but not here in zone 8B. It is a beautiful thing. It blooms better with some direct sun, but not afternoon sun. It does well in the heat of summer, and in fact is slow to grow until things heat up in June. I wonder if it hails from Uganda, but haven't been able to verify that.

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips
Blogging tips