Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Backyard in May

Spring is so beautiful, and too brief, at least in Alabama. Generally spring comes one day and the next we are headed full steam into summer. But here it is, a snapshot of my backyard in spring, without tidying or mowing, just happy to be green.


Below is the Clematis 'General Sikorski'. It's one of the Clematis that bloom on both old and new wood and therefore do not require pruning except to keep it in shape.



This is the first real bloom of my Pagoda Dogwood (Cornus alternafolia). It is native to the eastern US, from Canada to Florida. This is news to me as I thought it was from the west or maybe an introduction from the far east. I had about given up on it and thought maybe it was in too much shade. I have had it at least 10 years. But it is certainly worth the wait!

I have had this pink rododendron for years also. The first few years it did not bloom , so I moved it into a little more sun. Nobody could argue that this is not uplifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips
Blogging tips