Thursday, August 12, 2010

Big Mail Box

Posted by Picasa
On a recent trip to Douglasville, GA, we passed this giant mailbox. It was large enough to put a small car in! It was eye catching, but what made me really wonder was why all the no trespassing signs on the driveway? Do they really have that many nuts like me stopping to look at this mailbox and clamor all over it? Frankly, I doubt it. I think this is more akin to other things I have seen where people wear outlandish clothes, have insane hairdos, tattoos,etc. They apparently want to be stared at or have people notice them, but when they get what they want, they act offended. However, just as I stopped and photographed this mailbox, I like to point them out and comment on their looks, in a loud voice preferably. I want them to know that I have seen them, so they can attain the notice they are begging for. It is easy to fade into a crowd. The hard part is to stand out for good and helpful reasons.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure about the current owners but that mailbox used to be an advertisement for Ruby Falls in TN, and I-20 ended at Hwy 5 in 1973/74, so could be new owner that just never took it down.I grew up 5 miles from there.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips
Blogging tips