Thursday, May 28, 2009

What kind of Bird Nest Is This?

 
Posted by Picasa



Several days ago while I was pruning my Sasanqua bush, I accidentally cut off a large limb that was holding a nest. I felt bad about it and propped the limb and nest back in the bush.But... the bird never returned. I have had the same experience once before. I guess there is just too much disturbance to allow the incubation to continue. Once when we were having the house painted, the painter found a nest on one of the porch columns. He carefully removed it to a nearby rock till he finished and then returned the nest to the column. The mother bird returned to the nest and hatched her brood.
I have no idea what kind of bird laid these eggs. I thought it might be a cardinal but was unable to find any pictures of them. If you have an idea what they are, please let me know,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips
Blogging tips