Thursday, May 21, 2009

One of God's Little Perfections

 

 
Posted by Picasa


This is a green tree frog (state amphibian of Georgia), also known as Hyla cinerea.They eat mostly insects and worms. Their calls can be heard on rainy evenings during the warmer months. The male is smaller than the female as in many amphibians, and he has a wrinkled throat indicating the pouch used in vocalizations. They are typical inhabitants of ponds and other aquatic areas. Why was this one in my sister's storage room? I saw it out of the corner of my eye and thought it was a leaf. I was so pleased to see who it really was. I released it outside on the clematis vine. I really like green tree frogs. They are so small and perfect, and so...green. The shade of green depends on the temperature and lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips
Blogging tips