Friday, January 30, 2009

Lid Tree

 
Posted by Picasa

This Lid Tree has adorned my yard for several years now, and I add to it as plastic lids become available. The lids are on a chaste tree that is going downhill slowly and has quite a few dead twigs. I started this as an effort to cheer the tree up and back to health, but I don't think it is working. I enjoy it especially in winter when the wind blows and the lids swing and jerk about. No one has ever mentioned it to me and I am sure it is because it is so stunning that it leaves people speechless.
But after seeing the "Found" art at Jan Dempsey Art Center (in particular the one in the OA News made from plastic jug ring seals) I knew I must be onto something. I thought it was quite wonderful.
I am giving the Worst of Show to the melted plastic lawn chairs.
My Best of Show goes to Mary. Hers was a collection of animal and insect homes mounted on a hunk of wood. She must have been collecting this stuff for years and years. There were all sorts of shells, wasp nests, dirt dauber nests, bird nests, empty circada shells--O you name it.You need to examine it closely and for that reason, I am not supplying a bad picture of a wonderful piece. Go see the show before it closes on Valentines's day. The gallery is open most days. Maybe every day through the week. here are a few pictures to whet your appetite.





>


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips
Blogging tips