Monday, January 12, 2009

Garden Sculpture

 
Posted by Picasa


There once was a lamp which was retrieved from a dump. It came into my possession and I determined to fix it. I could find nothing wrong with the cord or anything else really. It appeared to be a good new lamp, just would not light. I took it apart and finally got an answer to my question about why there was no off/on switch. It was a touch on lamp and apparently the touch switch was burned out. A check on the internet revealed that a new switch would cost about $20 and a new lamp of this kind was about that cost.
Not to be defeated in my quest to fix or reuse, I cut off the cord as long as I could and saved it because someday I may need to replace a cord on something. (Could this be why my attic is so full???) The body of the lamp was clearly a garden sculpture if I ever saw one, and I had just the thing to top it off- a gazing ball. So there you have the story of the repurposed lamp, except for the shade which I also have plans for. Show you that when I complete it! What fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips
Blogging tips