Thursday, November 20, 2008

Anole with a Spot

 


I saw this little cutie the other day and was immediately struck by her(his?) beauty spot. It looks like she might have a giant freckle that refused to change to brown. I suppose it could be the result of an accident, but I hope next year that there are more of these unique anoles around. The other interesting thing about this one was that I actually saw it drink water.I had been watering the plants and there was one drop on the side of the pot. She just went up to it and touched her mouth to it and it disappeared, just like she was drinking through a straw. Serendipity. I have watched many different anoles many different times in hopes of seeing them drink, but this special sight just came to me when I was not expecting it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips
Blogging tips