Saturday, August 16, 2008

The moon will capture your heart

Last night's moon was simply gorgeous. I am sorry I did not get a picture, but I doubt that I could have done it justice anyway. The moon rose round and faintly yellow, and I was momentarily stunned by its beauty. It is easy to see why there are so many songs, poems, and pictures about it. Tonight, before it changes very much, I recommend you take a few moments to view something more unique than any human olympic feat. It is a sight that continues whether you stop to glance at it or not. It continues through rain and fair alike. It displays for the broken hearted, the love-striken, the weary, the aged, and those whose steps spring lightly across the dewey grass.

1 comment:

  1. Mary has been burning several large brush piles over the past couple of days and each evening before going to bed I walk out to be certain the fire hasn't flared up or threatened to jump the fire breaks.

    For the last two evenings I have been very taken with your Goldhill moon. It casts such a beautiful soft light that I can walk without a flashlight. Glad to see someone else noticed.

    guf

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips
Blogging tips