Friday, June 25, 2010

Red Plumeria

 
Posted by Picasa


I bought this as a cutting in a plastic bag when we were in Hawaii in December. It was not the only thing I bought in the plant line, but it was one of two plants that lived. The other is a ginger and I am not holding out a lot of hope for it because it is still a tiny thing, even after 6 months. I think it may have been too chilly in the greenhouse when I put them in soil. Maybe I should have started them in the house. But this is beautiful. I have a pink oner I grew from seed and have made lots of cuttings of, but it does not bloom well. I believe it may need more fertilizer and I am going to try to do better about giving it a high phosphorous fertilizer and see if I can get more flowers. This little one inspires me to go better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips
Blogging tips