Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Orange Tiger Lilies


I say that I don't really care for orange flowers, but I might as well fess up to the truth: I like them as individuals. How could you not love these stately old  orange tiger lilies?  These are the epitome of pass-along plants. Nearly every gardener who has been at it a long time has at least one clump. They grow vigorously, multiplying from both the bulb in the ground and the bulbils that form between the stem and leaf axils.They have few enemies and stand up well to almost any environment. They do best in full sun, though. I have some whose site has gotten shadier through the years (hazard of old gardens), and they are not blooming as well s they used to.
In Auburn Alabama, everyone wants orange flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips
Blogging tips